Winner Chicken Dinner
Updated April 24, 2017
can (14 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
packets (8 oz) Old El Paso™ heat & serve Mexican rice
cup scallions, chopped
cup fresh cilantro or Italian parsley
Pour the Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce over the chicken drumsticks. Allow to marinate overnight, if desired.
Cook drumsticks on the a grill heated to medium heat until cooked through.
Heat packets of Old El Paso™ Mexican Rice according to package directions. Once hot, stir in the corn and transfer to a large platter.
Serve cooked drumsticks over rice, sprinkled with chopped scallions and sliced jalapeños. Garnish with parsley or cilantro, if desired.
More About This Recipe
- Move over, BBQ sauce! Enchilada sauce is the star in this splendid recipe!Guys! Quick! Toss that barbecue sauce and grab yourself a can of Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce instead! Because, holy Mexicoli, this Winner Chicken Dinner recipe is gooooood!Just pour the enchilada sauce all over a bunch of drumsticks. For reals. It's that easy!Grab a bag of Old El Paso Mexican Rice, toss it with corn and spicy jalapenos and you've got yourself a meal that is as good as a flamenco dancer in full regalia.Serve it up. Dig on in. You're a winner, chicken dinner!
Top 15 New Chicken Recipes of 2020
Winner, winner, the Allrecipes community loved these new chicken dinners. Each of these chicken recipes were among the most visited, most reviewed, and most cooked dishes of 2020, so we're highlighting them again here so you don't miss them. After all, chicken dinners are frequently the most popular recipes on our site, and new ideas are always welcome. So grab a grocery list and pen, and find your next dinner option among these top chicken recipes of 2020.
50 Chicken Dinner Recipes
Food Network Magazine created dozens of recipes using a favorite weeknight staple: chicken breasts.
Use skinless, boneless chicken breasts for all recipes (small = 6 ounces large = 12 ounces).
1. Basic Sauteed: Season 4 small chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until golden, turning once, 12 minutes. Cover cook 3 more minutes.
2. Lemon-Thyme: Cook Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1) in 1 tablespoon each butter and oil. When done, stir in 1 tablespoon each butter and lemon juice, 4 strips lemon zest and 2 thyme sprigs turn the chicken to coat.
3. Blue Cheese–Shallot: Make Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1) remove to a plate. Cook 3 sliced shallots in the drippings, 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup chicken broth simmer 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter. Pour over the chicken top with blue cheese.
4. Hoisin-Plum: Make Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1) remove to a plate. Cook 4 diced plums and 1 bunch chopped scallions in the drippings, 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup hoisin sauce simmer 5 minutes. Stir in the juice of 1 lime pour over the chicken.
5. Apple-Mustard: Make Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1) remove to a plate. Cook 1 chopped apple in the drippings, 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup chicken broth simmer until reduced by half. Stir in 1 tablespoon grainy mustard pour over the chicken.
6. Stuffed: Mix 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella, 2 ounces goat cheese and 1 tablespoon chopped chives. Cut a pocket in the side of 4 small chicken breasts fill with the cheese. Cook as for Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1).
7. Saltimbocca: Make Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1), topping each breast with2 sage leaves and wrapping with 2 slices of prosciutto before cooking. Top each with a slice of provolone during the last minute.
8. Mushroom: Make Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1) remove to a plate. Cook 1 chopped shallot and 1 pound sliced mushrooms in the drippings, 4 minutes. Add 3/4 cup red wine and 1 cup chicken broth cook until reduced by half. Stir in 2 tablespoons each butter and chopped parsley pour over the chicken.
9. Piccata: Make Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1) remove to a plate. Add the juice of 2 lemons and 3/4 cup chicken broth to the drippings simmer until reduced by half. Stir in 2 tablespoons each capers, chopped parsley and butter pour over the chicken.
10. Leek-Grape: Make Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1), adding 1 chopped leek before covering. Remove the chicken to a plate. Add 2 cups grapes and 1/2 cup each cream and chicken broth to the pan simmer until reduced by half. Add 1 tablespoon grainy mustard and some chopped parsley pour over the chicken.
11. Alla Vodka: Make Basic Sauteed Chicken (No. 1) remove to a plate. Add 3 sliced garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon butter to the drippings cook 1 minute. Add 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup cream and 1/4 cup vodka simmer 5 minutes. Pour over the chicken and top with chopped basil.
12. Breaded: Pound 4 small chicken breasts until 1/2 inch thick season with salt. Dredge in flour, dip in 2 beaten eggs, then dredge in breadcrumbs. Cook in 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until golden, 3 minutes per side drain on paper towels. Season with salt.
13. Cornflake: Make Breaded Chicken (No. 12), swapping 2 cups crushed cornflakes mixed with 1 teaspoon paprika for the breadcrumbs. Cook only 2 minutes per side.
Winner Chicken Dinner - Recipes
A few fresh takes on the classic chicken dinner.
Boneless, skinless chicken breast gets a bad reputation for being boring and flavorless. Although the skin and bone add lots of flavor, the skinless, boneless variety offers convenience, which is perfect for those crazy nights you only have a few minutes to put dinner together.
Chicken is a dinnertime staple and it’s easy to get stuck in a boring chicken rut, which makes it the perfect choice for this week’s SWAT (Sharing With A Theme).
We put the Culinary Content Network to the test to come up with fresh and exciting chicken meals, and here are some of the highlights:
- Diane Williams of Homemade Food Junkie goes savory with rhubarb with pan-fried ginger rhubarb chicken. brings us store-bought BBQ sauce that’s jazzed up with a bit of bourbon for simple chicken skewers.
- This week’s winner comes from The Hungary Buddha, who brings us healthified chicken Kiev.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $20 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Our Top 5 Chicken Recipes
It is now proved that a chicken dinner actually is a winner! And why are we feeling this confident about it? We’ll tell you why.
We wanted to know which protein our customers order the most so we dove into the data from year 2019. It turned out that 33% of all the meal kits selections had chicken as their main protein.
It means that every third meal we eat, is chicken!
Since the UAE loves chicken so much, we have to keep our offerings varied here at Hello Chef. Just think about eating the same two or three different chicken meals every week… doesn’t seem much like a winner anymore!
We were happy to find out that our Top 5 most popular chicken recipes represent a great variety. Among our winning chicken recipes we have a low-carb mozzarella chicken, a barbecue-roasted chicken thigh recipe, a classic Chinese stir-fry, an Indian chicken korma curry, and a satisfying Mexican enchilada dish. Not the least bit boring, if you ask us, even if you ate all these five meals in one week!
Check out the winning chicken dinner recipes from below. Cook and enjoy!
The low-carb eaters love this healthy and tasty chicken dinner.
Baked Mozzarella Chicken with Broccoli
1 can (400 g) chopped tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Place the chicken in a roasting dish. Season with the dried basil, salt, pepper, paprika and oil. Bake in the oven for 15 min.
2. Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion, garlic and red pepper. Rinse the broccoli and separate it into small florets.
3. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over a medium high heat, and fry the onion, garlic and red pepper for 6-7 min until softened.
4. Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 min.
5. Preheat your oven’s grill. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and top with the mozzarella. Place the dish under the grill and broil for 5 min until the top is golden.
6. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli florets for 4-5 min until tender. Drain. Garnish the cheesy chicken with the freshly chopped parsley and serve the boiled broccoli to the side.
The perfect combination of crispy, juicy and tasty!
Sticky BBQ Chicken and Courgette Salad
600 g chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
3-4 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Peel and crush the garlic. Add the garlic, honey, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and olive oil to a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add the chicken thighs. Massage well with clean hands.
2. Add the chicken to an ovenproof dish. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 min or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, using a peeler, slice the zucchini into ribbons. Rinse the rocket and mint leaves. Chop the feta.
4. Tumble the feta, zucchini, mint and rocket leaves with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Serve alongside the crispy barbecue chicken.
This classic Chinese stir-fry the perfect weeknight dinner.
Chicken Kung Pao with Jasmine Rice
1. Rinse the jasmine rice. Add the rice, a pinch of salt and the measured water to a pan with a lid and bring to a boil over a high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10-12 min or until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Once cooked, remove the pan from heat and keep covered until serving.
2. Slice the chicken into cubes. Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Clean and dice the red bell pepper. Rinse the snow peas.
3. In a small bowl, combine the measured water, soy sauce, ginger paste, sugar and corn starch. Whisk well until the sugar has dissolved. Add the chilli flakes (or reserve them and use as a garnish). Set aside.
4. Toast the cashew nuts in a hot, dry pan for 2 min or until starting to brown. Set aside.
5. Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Fry the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt for 2 min. Add the chicken and fry for 3-4 min. Season with black pepper.
6. Add the snow peas, peppers, the sauce and the sesame oil to the pan. Cook for 3-4 min over a low heat until thickened. Serve the stir-fry over the cooked jasmine rice. Garnish with the toasted cashew nuts.
The highlight of any curry night!
Creamy Chicken Korma with Jasmine Rice
1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 small can (200 ml) coconut cream
1. Add the jasmine rice, a pinch of salt and the measured water to a pan with a lid and bring to a boil over a high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10-12 min or until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat and keep covered until serving. Fluff with a fork before serving.
2. Peel and chop the onion. Split the cardamom pods open with the back of a knife. Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium-low heat with a drizzle of oil. Once hot, add the onion and fry for 5 min until soft. Add the ginger and garlic paste, cardamom pods, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook for 1 min further.
3. Add the tomato paste and stir for 1-2 min. Add the measured water, mango chutney, stock cube, coconut cream and almond flakes, and simmer for 2-3 min.
4. Chop the chicken into chunks and add it to the pan. Simmer for 15 min further. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the chicken korma curry over the cooked jasmine rice, and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
The Chicken Enchilada recipe is one of the firm family favourites!
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
1 small can (145 g) sweet corn kernels
1 can (400 g) chopped tomatoes
60 g grated white cheddar cheese
60 g grated orange cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C. Chop the chicken breasts. Chop the onion, garlic and green chilli (discard the seeds, if you prefer it milder). Dice the red pepper. Heat a pan over a medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Fry the chicken, onion, garlic and half of the red pepper for 5-6 min.
2. Add the green chilli, taco seasoning, chipotle powder (spicy!), salt, pepper, rinsed and drained corn kernels and the chopped tomatoes. Cook for 5 min further.
3. Finally fold in half of the grated cheddar cheeses and all the sour cream. Remove from the heat and mix well.
4. Grease a baking dish. Fill the tortilla wraps with the chicken mix and place into the baking dish, seam side down. Cover with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 min or until nice and crispy on top.
5. Separate the gem lettuce leaves. Chop the tomatoes and coriander. Combine the lettuce, tomatoes and coriander in a bowl, and mix in the remaining red pepper. Season the salad with olive oil and a squeeze of lime juice.