New recipes

Donald Trump Sues Chef José Andrés for $10 Million

Donald Trump Sues Chef José Andrés for $10 Million


The 2016 Republican presidential candidate is seeking $10 million in damages

Donald Trump is seeking $10 million from Chef José Andrés for breaking the lease.

UPDATE, August 3 at 9:30 a.m.: ThinkFoodGroup released a statement about the lawsuit on August 1, saying, "This lawsuit is both unsurprising and without merit. And despite our attempts to negotiate an amicable resolution, we were ultimately forced to terminate the lease."

Donald Trump is now suing chef José Andrés for $10 million after threatening legal action earlier this month.

Trump announced on July 31 that Andrés breached their contract to open a restaurant at the new Trump Hotel in Washington, D.C. Andrés canceled plans to open the restaurant after Trump made comments about Mexican immigrants “bringing crime” and “being rapists.”

Trump’s lawyers said that Andrés should not have been surprised by this, saying Trump’s “publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known.”

The lawsuit was filed in D.C. federal district court against ThinkFoodGroup, Andrés’ company. Now that the lease is broken, the suit says Andrés owes $10 million in damages that include lost rent and the cost of finding a new tenant.

Andrés backed out of the restaurant deal on July 8, saying, “As a proud Spanish immigrant and recently naturalized American citizen myself, I believe that every human being deserves respect, regardless of immigration status.”


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Trump Sues Chef Who Backed Out Of Restaurant Deal

Prominent chef bailed after Trump's controversial remarks on immigration.

— -- Presidential candidate Donald Trump wants a prominent chef to pay $10 million in damages after the food star bailed on plans to open a new restaurant inside Trump’s latest project in the nation’s capital.

A group owned by Trump — Trump Post Office LLC — filed a lawsuit today in federal court.

Last year the group began $200 million in renovations on the historic Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington. And within months, chef Jose Andres announced he would be opening a new restaurant inside the new Trump International Hotel.

At the time, Andres issued a press release saying he has “long respected Donald Trump for his business acumen” and was “proud to partner with him,” the lawsuit recounts.

But after Trump made controversial remarks in June suggesting illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals and “rapists,” Andres backed out. Since then, the two sides have been in a contentious, behind-the-scenes back-and-forth, according to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Andres’ offense is curious in light of the fact that Mr. Trump’s publicly shared views on immigration have remained consistent for many years, and Mr. Trump’s willingness to frankly share his opinions is widely known,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit says the two sides entered into a 10-year agreement for Andres “to operate a … flagship restaurant” in a 9,018 square-foot space, and Andres “was obligated to use and occupy the [space] as a first class, high quality, flagship, top-tier Washington, D.C. restaurant.”

An email seeking comment from a representative for Andres late Friday was not immediately returned.


Watch the video: Informacje Dnia